Monday, April 5, 2010

Gilbert & George



Gilbert and George were a very interesting couple. I really liked their performance in the art galleries. It was very interesting how they painted themselves and created their own singing "sculpture". The idea of using themselves as actual art in the gallery seemed to bring life to art. Not only would they just stand still on a block in the gallery, but they would also entertain gallery guests by singing. I think if I experienced this I would really like the entertainment.

The grid work that they made later on was also very eye-catching. I like that they still chose to use themselves in the art. Although very interesting, I did not like some of the extreme images that contained body fluids etc. I'm sure at the time they were making a huge impact in the art world with using such bizarre images, however, I would not personally want that hanging in my bedroom. I thought the bold color use worked extremely well with their designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment