Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Residents



I like that this band is pretty much anonymous. Most bands use their own self exposure to gain fans and attention. This band did the opposite. They concealed their identities. No one truly knows any factual information about this band, except for the music and videos they created.

I watched some of their video music pieces on youtube again and I came to the conclusion that this band is ridiculous. I really like how the music and video form an art piece, however, the radicalness of the video is intense. It almost scares me. I watched the "Third Reich 'n' Roll video clip and it just amazes me how they can rock out with those costumes on. Their instruments are random objects. The way it is recorded is very interesting though. Their videos are very dark and they all seem to have inner meanings. I liked watching the One Minute Movies the best. I actually kind of liked the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment