Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ryan Trecartin



I love Ryan Trecartin's work. The "Kitchen Girl" is my favorite because it just makes me laugh. I love how he makes a parody out of how we act. "Yo a Romantic Comedy" is also hilarious. I love how he is exaggerating how "thugs" act. He puts things in perspective of how ridiculous we tend to be as humans without even realizing it.

Trecartin's costumes are amazing. The makeup in his video's, along with the bright coloration really bring out the art in the films. His voice is annoying, however, appropriate for the exaggeration he is trying to get across.

His sculptures are very interesting. The sculptures of the people are my favorite. I like the realistic, cartoon-like look of them. The Mango Lady is my favorite sculpture. I think it is really interesting how he used dried fruit to make a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment