Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Television Delivers People

I did not like this piece at all. I thought it was boring and it lost my attention almost immediately. The elevator-like music was an interesting choice. I think that maybe in the '70s this piece would have been effective since television was such a main source of communication., however, in modern times the layout and design of the piece are not attractive.

The message Richard Serra was trying to get across was interesting. He tells of how much television is to people and how much we are effected by it. I agree that we "are the product of TV". With out an audience television would be nothing. Advertising wouldn't exist in television and the market would have collapsed. Because television was so important, we as viewers, kept it alive. We are being consumed each and every time we turn on the television. It is definitely a commercialized medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment